In this Contract, the following words and expressions shall bear the meaning hereinafter assigned to them:-
“The Booking/ Reservation” shall mean any part, or all of the travel arrangements for transportation, accommodation, sightseeing and other linked travel and trek services made on behalf of the Client with the Suppliers, and excludes services of a peripheral nature.
“The Company” shall mean The Himalaya Trekking Company P. Ltd., and/or anyone acting for or on behalf of the Company, provided such person has been duly authorized and is acting within his or her scope of duty.
“The Client” shall mean the person who applies (directly or indirectly) to the Company for the Company’s services. The aforesaid will include, but is not limited to a person who applies for his own use or benefit or that of any other person and whether applying as principal, agent or sub-Contractor. The Client shall include any other person on behalf of the Client or whom the Client, represents and includes the Client in the Company’s Application to do Business form.
“The Conditions” shall mean these terms and conditions and those of the Principal, where applicable;
“The Traveler/Trekkers” shall mean any person (whether or not such person is the Client) who utilizes or obtains any benefit from the Services of the Company. The Traveler shall include a potential Traveler.
“The Travel Agent / Consultant” shall mean any other party who has made or secured any travel bookings or arrangements for the Client, other than the Company.
“The Services” shall mean any travel or other service facility, product or matter incidental thereto of whatsoever nature arranged or to be arranged by the Company (whether directly or indirectly) to or for the “Client or the Traveler”. The aforesaid shall be used interchangeably and shall include, but not be limited to the providing of advice or information, the booking of reservations for accommodation, transport or the like (whether by air, land or otherwise) or any other service or facility provided by the Company for which the Company, in its sole and absolute discretion deems necessary or ancillary to the services of facilities requested, or anything else associated with or related to travel.
“The Principal/Supplier” shall mean the provider of accommodation, transport, and all other relevant services or products arranged by the Company, or any services ancillary thereto provided by the Principal or any other party.
Travel and Personal Information
By requesting travel services from us, you are authorizing us to obtain your private information and allowing us to provide your information to those third parties that we deem necessary in the requisition of service that you have requested. All information will be accurate, complete, current, knowingly provided without any falsification. However, we are not liable for the manner in which such third parties handle your personal, private and/or personally identifiable identification information or for any failure by such third parties to protect the privacy of your information.
Payment and Fees
All services agreed upon shall be charged via Credit card, Debit card, Cash , Wire or other payment methods. All fees incurred in the payment process will be paid by the customer. The current terms and conditions, though subject to change, upon payment will be applicable and binding without change.
We accept Visa & Master Credit Card for payment. If you are paying in person in Nepal, we request that you pay in Cash (New, clean, unmarked) as the bank charges for credit cards are quite high, though if you wish to charge your credit card the full amount we ask that you pay the charge fee.
1) To confirm your booking, we require non refundable amount of USD 350. per person for a trip in Nepal and USD 500 for Tibet, Bhutan & India. You can send the confirmation deposit via bank transfer (Wire) in company account or use Western Union remit service. Rest of the amount can be paid upon your arrival in Nepal and all dues should be cleared prior to commencement of trip. However, full payment should be settled before 7 days of trip commencement for the trip out of Nepal. We are not compelled to operate the trip once the full payment has not been made on time.
2) A trip confirmation email will be sent to you after receiving the deposit payment.
MODE OF PAYMENT !
You can make the payment either by Wire transfer or via Credit Card* (we prefer by Wire or Money transfer).
SWIFT/ WIRE TRANSFER
Pay to: The Himalaya Trekking Company Pvt. Ltd.
Current a/c No: 1703217500398
Paying Bank: Nabil Bank Ltd.
Account Type: Foreign Currency (USD.)
Branch: Tindhara, Kathmandu
Bank Street Address: Nabil Center, Beena Marga, Durbar Marg, Kathmandu, Nepal
Swift Code: NARBNPKA
3) Any charges arise on course of payment either by Bank Transfer or by Credit Card (currently 5%) or by any means is need to bear by clients themselves. Only the Credited amount will be considered as final Payment.
4) All quotation and payments would be in US Dollar until and unless otherwise stated. We can provide quotation on other international currencies on request (Ex. rate applies of the date of quotation).
5) Cancellation charges arise for Hotel, flight booking, Transportation, Permits, Insurance, etc. (other than Company package program) will be charged according to the policy of respective company.
6) If any client do not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date, we will assume they have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new arrival date; however we reserve the right to apply the “No Show” charge and furnish new quotation for future trip and no refund will be made at such circumstances.
7) 20% will be deducted on the total quoted amount in the event of refund requested by client prior to the start of agreed trip for their own personal reason.
8) Once the trip commence as per agreed terms, no refund will be made for full or unused portion of the trip.
9) If we compelled to cancel the trip due to some unexpected causes beyond our control: such as landslide, snow fall, flight cancellation, protest / road blocked or sudden change of rules-regulation; we will be happy to offer alternative trip with similar nature. Price can be revised as per mutual understanding. Any expenses incurred by you as a result of this booking are fully your own responsibility.
10) Extra expenses incurred due to flight delay / cancellation in remote airstrip such as, Jomsom, Lukla, Jufal is your own responsibility. However, our staff will do their best to deal with the situation and it is advisable to keep one or two spare days for such trips.
11) Before commencing the trip, we recommend you to take all covering travel insurance policy. It should cover for baggage loss, medical expenses, helicopter evacuation and emergency repatriation. You must supply documentary proof as & if asked. If you do not have sufficient travel insurance you must have adequate credit balance on your CARD or contact us for late arrangement.
12) All package are based on twin / triple sharing basis, any single supplement will be charged extra.
13) The clients need to produced all necessary documents such as valid Visa, Entry permits, Health reports at and when requested by the authority. Company will not be accountable for any obstacle in this situation.
14) If any client plays unlawful offence / act / misbehave during the trip, the ground staff reserve the full right to take needful decision or expel them from the group. Hence, no refund will be made at any circumstances.
15) While traveling is safe in Nepal, we strongly advice our client not to go for travel alone without Nepali support staff in remote areas, always be vigilant of your belongings, lock your room while going out, not to show your valuables, stay away from hawkers and book the trip with authorized agency only.
16) On any circumstance, we are not liable for any loss or damage of your luggage or stuffs, even when carrying by porters / vehicles / ponies. Please be acknowledged that all your belongings are at your risk at all time. However our staffs will always render you most sincere service and none of our staffs will harm / damage / steal your belongings.
17) While we will do utmost efforts to make your journey safe and comfortable, you are travel at your own risk throughout the trip.
18) When you making your booking; it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all booking conditions and agreed to abide by them.
Our terms and conditions are applicable only if you book your trip with us directly. If you book your trip with us through any agents or third party, you shall be liable to their terms and conditions.